Mission for the competition (On 24th July – 29th July, 2019)
- Learn about and explore the village as part of the creative cultural program itinerary for 6 days /5 nights
- Create digital content and your travel story through media, such as
- Video clips
- 1 Article
Craft an exciting story documenting your trip to your chosen village which will be presented to the world.
- Inspire your friends and other youth travelers by posting & sharing your exciting story, creating vlogs to be disseminated through social media channels, tagging your friends . During this time, you’ll show off your social media skills by promoting the story to the best of your ability. (don’t forget to use the hashtag #TheVillageStory #ThailandVillageAcademy #(The village name)
Note: Participants are asked to change their Facebook cover throughout the duration of the competition, to be replaced with the cover banner of the project provided by the Organizer
Awards for Accomplishments
- Most Talented Story Curation for both Thai nationals and foreign nationals
The 2 main winners (1 foreigner and 1 Thai) will be the participants who are judged to have created the most inspiring content (scoring 50% above from the judge of committee, 50% of the highest number of social media engagements – Total number of views,likes, shares, comments, tags, tweets & retweets)
5 winners will be chosen from the separate foreign and Thai participant groups (10 winners in total). Both of the 5 foreign and 5 Thai winners will equally receive the following prizes (ranked from 1st to 5th place).
- Rank 1 will receive an education fund with the value of 100,000 baht
- Rank 2 will receive an education fund with the value of 70,000 baht
- Rank 3 will receive an education fund with the value of 50,000 baht
- Rank 4 will receive an education fund with the value of 30,000 baht
- Rank 5 will receive an education fund with the value of 10,000 baht
- All participants will receive a certificate from Thailand’s Department of Cultural Promotion, Ministry of Culture
- All participants will receive 5-10% of the value (cash award) of every tour voucher sold during the stipulated duration following the trip.
The Village Story: Eligible applicants
- The Competition is open to all young people who are aged between 18-35 years old at the time of submitting his or her application and are not prohibited or restricted from doing so by the laws of Thailand or their country of citizenship.
- Proficiency in English Language, both spoken and written.
- Good communications and networking skills.
- Strong experience and skills in: blogging, vlogging & storytelling
- Photography and video creation skills
- Be willing to contribute your skills and time for the community
22nd July: Finalists arrive Bangkok
23rd July: All participants meet / attend welcome reception in Bangkok
24th July – 29th July: Complete the “mission work” as assign in the village at your choice. Show off your marketing skills by promoting.
30th July: Finalists stay in Bangkok / Free day
31st July: Attend the winner Announcement Ceremony with awards and receive a certificate from Thailand’s Department of Cultural Promotion, Ministry of Culture
How to Apply?
- By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- By entering the competition, you accept the present terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”).
- Go to the registration page: www.ThailandVillageAcademy.com/Apply-Now
- Complete the online application form with true and correct information, including the following.
- E-mail Address
- Phone number
- A recent clear photo of yourself
- Social media profile link URL (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. (as applicable)
- Confirmation of willingness to do a mission in (Identify name of the of you chosen village)
- Link of travel story portfolio
- Submit video clip answering two questions below:
- Why your team is interested in this project? and
- If you become part of the project, what is your goal (or goals) that you want to achieve from this project?
- Submit your video by sending it to [email protected]
How the winning team participants are selected
- The selection of 44 participants (22 foreign nationals and 22 Thai nationals) will be made by a selection committee determined by the Organizer, based on your team’s profile. Decisions of the selection committee are final and without appeal.
- The application will be closed on July 4th, 2019 at 5pm Thailand time zone and the 44 participants selected as Finalists will be announced on the project’s official Website and will be contacted via email on or about July 8th, 2019.
- The Finalists will be required to respond to the notification as directed by the Organizer within the given period of time. Failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the opportunity to be selected as Finalists and in such case the Organizer reserves the right to declare alternate Finalists.
Trip and Assignment Description
- The email notifications that will be sent to 44 finalists participants will include information containing day-by-day itineraries
- The trip will last 10 consecutive days and 9 nights. The itinerary is scheduled to commence on or around July 22nd, 2019. And end on or around July 31st, 2019. This may, however, be rescheduled by the Organizer.
- All trip expenses (air tickets, local transfers, accommodation, meals) will be funded by organizer
- Travel insurance and local medical service will be provided during the entire Competition period in case of any emergency or accident.
- The participants will be required to do the mission work as follows:
- By participating in this ThailandVillageAcademy, you also give consent to the Organizer, sponsor, tour operator to use your digital content photos/videos /story for their own publicity purposes and communication.
- All participants will also be required to participate in media interviews as determined by the sole discretion of Organizer.
- All participants shall conduct themselves with due regard to the laws, public conventions, and morals of the people and Kingdom of Thailand.
- All participants shall not, while rendering services to the Sponsor, commit any offense involving moral turpitude under Thai laws.
- All participants shall not do or commit any act or thing that will tend to degrade any person, the Sponsor, the Organizer in society or bring any team, the Sponsor, the Organizer into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule, or that will tend to shock, insult, or offend the community or public morals or decency of the people and Kingdom of Thailand.
- Inappropriate conduct, as determined at the sole discretion of Organizer, may result in disqualification from the Competition including the forfeiture of all benefits, or termination of the Competition.
- We have the right to disqualify any photo/video if we have reasons to believe that you have not followed the rules of the competition.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change or replace the competition prizes and/or modify the rules and regulations of the competition as and when necessary, without prior notice
Prizes Terms & Conditions
Winning Criteria and Prize Distribution
- The Winners will be announced on 31st July on the website www.ThailandVillageAcademy.com A personal e-mail declaring them the Winners will also be sent.
- The Winners may not attempt to increase the number of unique visitors for any submitted blog through the use of any automated, deceptive, fraudulent or other invalid means (including but not limited to automated click-generating software, macro programs, or internet agents). If any of the Winners are discovered to have cheated or acted inappropriately, breaching the stipulated rules and regulations, and such discovery occurs either after or during the Competition period, the said Finalist will be disqualified from receiving their winning title and the prizes, and all such prizes will be awarded to the first runner-up Finalist.
- Prizes will be distributed to the successful Winners who can be contacted at the e-mail address indicated on their application form and reconfirm the Organizer within a given period of time under the conditions as follows:
- Only listed prizes will be awarded and no substitutions or redemptions will be made, except by the Sponsor in its sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason and only then for a prize of equal or greater value.
- According to Thai law, the Winners may be charged 5% withholding tax of the total amount of the prizes that they are awarded.
- Expenses not specifically stated above, together with the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from acceptance or use of a prize, are the sole responsibility of the Winners of that prize.