About The Village Story Competition
The Village Story is a new campaign inviting travel story curators from around the world to explore some of Thailand’s most amazing villages for free – with cash and other prizes worth 10,000 USD going to the winning participants who create the best content!
The campaign is being funded by the official Tourism Authority of Thailand, Department of Cultural Promotion, Thailand’s Ministry of Culture, Thai Airways, Thai Smile and README.ME.
So, if you’re an adventure-seeker aged between 18-35 with sharp social media, photography, blogging and vlogging skills (all which will come in handy when creating your travel story), this combined travel program and competition is for you.
The Village Story has selected 22 incredible villages across Thailand that pride themselves on their rich culture, fascinating history and unique traditions. From the pool of applications via our site, the project’s committee will select a total of 44 participants (22 foreign nationals and 22 Thai nationals) to visit one of these villages.
If you’re selected to take part in The Village Story, all you have to do is create awesome digital content documenting your trip to rural Thailand – and then share your story with the rest of the world.
All participants will have their full travel expenses covered, including airfares, accommodation, meals and other travel expenses.
The Village Story: Eligible applicants
- The Competition is open to all young people who are aged between 18-35 years old at the time of submitting his or her application and are not prohibited or restricted from doing so by the laws of Thailand or their country of citizenship.
- Proficiency in English Language, both spoken and written.
- Good communications and networking skills.
- Strong experience and skills in: blogging, vlogging & storytelling
- Photography and video creation skills
- Be willing to contribute your skills and time for the community
Mission for the competition (On 24th July – 29th July, 2019)
- Learn about and explore the village as part of the creative cultural program itinerary for 6 days /5 nights
- Create digital content and your travel story through media, such as
- Video clips
- 1 Article
Craft an exciting story documenting your trip to your chosen village which will be presented to the world.
- Inspire your friends and other youth travelers by posting & sharing your exciting story, creating vlogs to be disseminated through social media channels, tagging your friends . During this time, you’ll show off your social media skills by promoting the story to the best of your ability. (don’t forget to use the hashtag #TheVillageStory #ThailandVillageAcademy #(The village name)
Note: Participants are asked to change their Facebook cover throughout the duration of the competition, to be replaced with the cover banner of the project provided by the Organizer
Awards for Accomplishments
- Most Talented Story Curation for both Thai nationals and foreign nationals
The 2 main winners (1 foreigner and 1 Thai) will be the participants who are judged to have created the most inspiring content (scoring 50% above from the judge of committee, 50% of the highest number of social media engagements – Total number of followers, shares, comments, tags, tweets & retweets)
5 winners will be chosen from the separate foreign and Thai participant groups (10 winners in total). Both of the 5 foreign and 5 Thai winners will equally receive the following prizes (ranked from 1st to 5th place).
- Rank 1 will receive an education fund with the value of 100,000 baht
- Rank 2 will receive an education fund with the value of 70,000 baht
- Rank 3 will receive an education fund with the value of 50,000 baht
- Rank 4 will receive an education fund with the value of 30,000 baht
- Rank 5 will receive an education fund with the value of 10,000 baht
- All participants will receive a certificate from Thailand’s Department of Cultural Promotion, Ministry of Culture
- All participants will receive 5-10% of the value (cash award) of every tour voucher sold during the stipulated duration following the trip.
22nd July: Finalists arrive Bangkok
23rd July: All participants meet / attend welcome reception in Bangkok
24rd July – 29th July: Complete the “mission work” as assign in the village at your choice. Show off your marketing skills by promoting.
30th July: Finalists stay in Bangkok / Free day
31st July: Attend the winner Announcement Ceremony with awards and receive a certificate from Thailand’s Department of Cultural Promotion, Ministry of Culture
How to Apply?
Browse the village information below – Choose the village you would like to explore the most to curate your travel story
- By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- By entering the competition, you accept the present terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”).
- Go to the registration page: www.ThailandVillageAcademy.com/Apply-Now and Complete the online application form with true and correct information
- Submit video clip answering two questions below:
- Why your team is interested in this project? and
- If you become part of the project, what is your goal (or goals) that you want to achieve from this project?
- Submit your video by sending it to ThailandVillageAcademy2019@gmail.com
- Browse the village information below, Choose the village you would like to explore and curate story most and Make sure you able to travel on that period of time